OFFICIALSAW.COM :: View topic - Jigsaw/Amanda
OFFICIALSAW.COM Forum Index

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Jigsaw/Amanda
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    OFFICIALSAW.COM Forum Index » Jigsaw's World View previous topic
View next topic
Jigsaw/Amanda
nogre
Regular

Post Jigsaw/Amanda Reply with quote
What do you think about the death of Jigsaw/Amanda in the III?!? Are you agrea to see only flashback in the next Saw or you would love to see them alive?!? For me i don't know but it would be cool to see them make more trap together. Imagine that, Jigsaw/Amanda together back and they work together it could be nice again Smile
Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:52 am View user's profile Send private message
SSCUJO

Post Reply with quote
i would like to see jigsaw alone making all the traps... why? becasue we wouldn't see so many huge machines and complex parts that need to work... it would be simple something a weak man could do... like in saw 1... oh how i miss saw 1
Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:00 am
Dr.Gordon
Veteran

Post Reply with quote
SSCUJO wrote:
i would like to see jigsaw alone making all the traps... why? becasue we wouldn't see so many huge machines and complex parts that need to work... it would be simple something a weak man could do... like in saw 1... oh how i miss saw 1

I know how you feel. Saw 1 is definitely the best.
Sad
Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:42 pm View user's profile Send private message
game_over
Elite Veteran

Post Reply with quote
The traps are pretty well thought out.
Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:34 pm View user's profile Send private message
Amanda360
Expert

Post Reply with quote
As much as I loved Amanda's character, I enjoyed the whole feel of Saw. The traps seemed to be carefully planned as well as simple and made specially for the specific person. Amanda's traps were, elaborate and a little much. Mainly used for torture and such.
Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:15 am View user's profile Send private message
Colin
Extreme Veteran

Post Reply with quote
We have to see more of Amanda. I would like to see a scene showing Jigsaw talking to Hoffman and Amanda standing there all quiet.
Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:02 pm View user's profile Send private message
Kdizzle44

Post Reply with quote
i think amanda is more interesting. but i definately want them to go in the direction of jill now. just see more of her background. maybe more of a longer scene in the park? and a little explanation of Obi??? Very Happy Very Happy
Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:37 pm
Amanda360
Expert

Post Reply with quote
LightMas wrote:
Amanda360 wrote:
As much as I loved Amanda's character, I enjoyed the whole feel of Saw. The traps seemed to be carefully planned as well as simple and made specially for the specific person. Amanda's traps were, elaborate and a little much. Mainly used for torture and such.

Are you in favor of Jigsaw's traps or Amanda's?

Jigsaw's, I just noticed I didnt state this lol
Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
Amanda360
Expert

Post Reply with quote
there's just something about seeing someone's face when they survive.... i don't know what it is.
Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:23 pm View user's profile Send private message
Sin
Expert

Post Reply with quote
Amanda360 wrote:
there's just something about seeing someone's face when they survive.... i don't know what it is.
It's the look of someone who doesn't take life for granted.
Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:30 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Kdizzle44

Post Reply with quote
and the look of 'oh **, i just crapped my pants!'

Laughing
Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:12 am
Amanda360
Expert

Post Reply with quote
if i had survived the needle pit trap, i would have had a combination of both of those faces lol
Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:55 pm View user's profile Send private message
lady_jigsaw
Extreme Veteran

Post Reply with quote
Sin wrote:
Amanda360 wrote:
It's the look of someone who doesn't take life for granted.

I couldn't have put it better myself Smile I absolutely agree - sometimes it does take coming close to death for people to appreciate every moment of every day that they are alive, and to realise just how fragile life is
Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:18 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
lady_jigsaw
Extreme Veteran

Post Reply with quote
A Hutton wrote:
Frankly, I find the storyline of jigsaw and jill far more interesting than jigsaw and amanda. I wouldlike to see more flashbacks of the former.

Funnily enough, I find the Jigsaw/Amanda storyline and interaction more interesting and intricate. If you watch Saw IV very carefully and watch the interaction between Jill and John, particularly when he is showing her his workshop complete with the clock with the 300-year-old mechanism; and the flashback scene when he is highlighting his "Cherish Your Life" motto in relation to her drug clinic. It is almost as if she finds John too "out there"......

Amanda on the other hand, is very complex and the evolution of her character and the depth of her attachment to Jigsaw/John is very compelling. In Saw 1, Amanda appears traumatised by having to take the life of her cellmate to retrieve the key to unlock the "Reverse Bear Trap" device. In Saw 2, the character of Amanda still demonstrates a degree of sensitivity and compassion in the house with Eric Matthews' son and the others. In the last scenes, the evolution of her character and the depth of her attachment to John is quite compelling. This is evidenced in the last scenes when Amanda is cutting her wrists, and John says to her: "You must meet Death in order to be reborn" (another exceedingly powerful phrase that got me)........ This shows her complete loyalty to and trust of John, and her total submission to his ways and philosophies. It also shows John's paternal, nurturing side, to a degree.

The flashback scene in Saw 3, the famous one where John says to her "You will give everything to me, every cell in your body. Is that understood" (Mmmmm, got chills just writing it)...." crystalises this attachment, and total submission to John.

The Jigsaw/Amanda interaction in Saw 3 is by far, in my opinion, the most touching of the 3. It shows Amanda caring for John, quite daunted by the fact that she will be carrying on John's work after he dies ( where she says: "I can't do this..." and he replies "Yes you can, you are stronger now..") yet confronting her feelings for John, in light of the dynamics between Jigsaw and Dr Lynn Denlon.

However her innate hostility and bitterness does surface in the final scenes, when she is holding a gun on Lynn, and her loyalty to John seems to have been shattered (What I wouldn't give to know what that letter contained !) In the end, her bitterness and anger at the world in general won out, losing all three of them their lives.

Amanda is definitely a HUGE catalyst in these movies.

(Enough of my rambling.........I have a feeling I'm going to get a roasting for the above comments.)
Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:36 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Billy's Laugh
Expert

Post Reply with quote
lady_jigsaw wrote:
A Hutton wrote:
Frankly, I find the storyline of jigsaw and jill far more interesting than jigsaw and amanda. I wouldlike to see more flashbacks of the former.

Funnily enough, I find the Jigsaw/Amanda storyline and interaction more interesting and intricate. If you watch Saw IV very carefully and watch the interaction between Jill and John, particularly when he is showing her his workshop complete with the clock with the 300-year-old mechanism; and the flashback scene when he is highlighting his "Cherish Your Life" motto in relation to her drug clinic. It is almost as if she finds John too "out there"......

Amanda on the other hand, is very complex and the evolution of her character and the depth of her attachment to Jigsaw/John is very compelling. In Saw 1, Amanda appears traumatised by having to take the life of her cellmate to retrieve the key to unlock the "Reverse Bear Trap" device. In Saw 2, the character of Amanda still demonstrates a degree of sensitivity and compassion in the house with Eric Matthews' son and the others. In the last scenes, the evolution of her character and the depth of her attachment to John is quite compelling. This is evidenced in the last scenes when Amanda is cutting her wrists, and John says to her: "You must meet Death in order to be reborn" (another exceedingly powerful phrase that got me)........ This shows her complete loyalty to and trust of John, and her total submission to his ways and philosophies. It also shows John's paternal, nurturing side, to a degree.

The flashback scene in Saw 3, the famous one where John says to her "You will give everything to me, every cell in your body. Is that understood" (Mmmmm, got chills just writing it)...." crystalises this attachment, and total submission to John.

The Jigsaw/Amanda interaction in Saw 3 is by far, in my opinion, the most touching of the 3. It shows Amanda caring for John, quite daunted by the fact that she will be carrying on John's work after he dies ( where she says: "I can't do this..." and he replies "Yes you can, you are stronger now..") yet confronting her feelings for John, in light of the dynamics between Jigsaw and Dr Lynn Denlon.

However her innate hostility and bitterness does surface in the final scenes, when she is holding a gun on Lynn, and her loyalty to John seems to have been shattered (What I wouldn't give to know what that letter contained !) In the end, her bitterness and anger at the world in general won out, losing all three of them their lives.

Amanda is definitely a HUGE catalyst in these movies.

(Enough of my rambling.........I have a feeling I'm going to get a roasting for the above comments.)

Roasting? Why?

I agree that the dynamic between Amanda and Jigsaw is far more complex at this stage in the movies than Jill and John. I am not certain though that they will devote much more time to Amanda unless she somehow miraculously survives the devastating gunshot to the throat.
Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:27 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    OFFICIALSAW.COM Forum Index » Jigsaw's World
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: