OFFICIALSAW.COM :: View topic - favorite saw director?
OFFICIALSAW.COM Forum Index

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
favorite saw director?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    OFFICIALSAW.COM Forum Index » The Brains Behind the SAW Movies View previous topic
View next topic
favorite saw director?

who is your favorite saw director?
james wan
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
darren bousman
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
david hackl
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

ianforcer

Post Reply with quote
YouBecomeImmortal wrote:
100% D Bousman.

Although I love 1 and 2. I much prefer 3 and 4.. Smile
5? Puh?

I'm going with C. Although you do protest too much over V Razz

They all have different styles so it's hard to gauge who's the best, but I liked the pacing of DLB's films.
Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:32 pm
Vecto

Post Reply with quote
ianforcer wrote:
YouBecomeImmortal wrote:
100% D Bousman.

Although I love 1 and 2. I much prefer 3 and 4.. Smile
5? Puh?

I'm going with C. Although you do protest too much over V Razz

They all have different styles so it's hard to gauge who's the best, but I liked the pacing of DLB's films.

And he's not going down with Repo, it was excellent ! I really liked DLB, but I found it was a bit too gory for nothing in Saw 4, some of the traps. the story was perfect though and the camera shots, but it was a bit too gory IMO. I prefer mental and intelligent, simple traps. But it's my opinion. I prefered Wan, then I'll say Hackl and DLB, but then the story of Saw 5 wasn't so good, so it depends. DLB did a freaking great job !!
Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:56 am
ianforcer

Post Reply with quote
Yeah c'mon Jigsy's right - Hackl did a great job with what he had to work with. I'm sure we're all envious of his talents and input he's given to the franchise.
Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:04 pm
Vecto

Post Reply with quote
ianforcer wrote:
Yeah c'mon Jigsy's right - Hackl did a great job with what he had to work with. I'm sure we're all envious of his talents and input he's given to the franchise.

I loved David !!! It's just well.. Poor David, he had the poorest script to deal with, and he did great with what he had... I mean, the story wasn't so good. But the way he directed the traps were very amaxing, wasn't it? Smile
Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:09 pm
Jigsy

Post Reply with quote
Vecto wrote:
ianforcer wrote:

I loved David !!! It's just well.. Poor David, he had the poorest script to deal with, and he did great with what he had... I mean, the story wasn't so good. But the way he directed the traps were very amaxing, wasn't it? Smile

Yes it was! lol
Shame on you for putting David down like that. Razz
Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:30 pm
Vecto

Post Reply with quote
Jigsy wrote:
Vecto wrote:
ianforcer wrote:

Yes it was! lol
Shame on you for putting David down like that. Razz

I never put down david!!! He's my favorite director, maybe equal to Wan or higher than him I think. The way he did everything was great.
Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:18 pm
Kdizzle44

Post Reply with quote
For the sake of this thread to NOT get deleted, let's go back to the reason this thread was posted:

James Wan was definately the best director. Hands down.

He was the first, original, and his 'dark' yet rapid pace, yet sometimes slow view of the film made it epic. The other directors had his film to figure out how to direct their films lol

Two thumbs up!
Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:42 am
Amanda360
Expert

Post Reply with quote
Kdizzle44 wrote:
For the sake of this thread to NOT get deleted, let's go back to the reason this thread was posted:

He was the first, original, and his 'dark' yet rapid pace, yet sometimes slow view of the film made it epic. The other directors had his film to figure out how to direct their films lol

Two thumbs up!

I loved the whole scene with Amanda. The green feel to it. I guess this makes me "artsy", but I also enjoyed the scene with Ivan. How when my lovely Rigg walked into the room, all of the red flashes when he looked at each of the pictures of the victims. It was symbolism. Like the red stood for Rigg's rage, maybe the green stood for how John originally viewed Amanda. Green sometimes symbolizes envy, but it can also symbolize illness. John possibly viewed Amanda as being sick, because she was so addicted to drugs.

I also enjoyed the quick pace of Saw 4, although upon the first viewing, everything that I was supposed to see somewhat eluded me, I was so excited to see Rigg as the staring character, that I didn't pay too much attention to the twists. lol
*rambling*
Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:39 pm View user's profile Send private message
bobgfor
Extreme Veteran

Post Reply with quote
James all day, the RBT scene is still my favorite to date

DLB did a fantastic job though
Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:39 am View user's profile Send private message
Kdizzle44

Post Reply with quote
Amanda360 wrote:
Kdizzle44 wrote:

Two thumbs up!

I loved the whole scene with Amanda. The green feel to it. I guess this makes me "artsy", but I also enjoyed the scene with Ivan. How when my lovely Rigg walked into the room, all of the red flashes when he looked at each of the pictures of the victims. It was symbolism. Like the red stood for Rigg's rage, maybe the green stood for how John originally viewed Amanda. Green sometimes symbolizes envy, but it can also symbolize illness. John possibly viewed Amanda as being sick, because she was so addicted to drugs.

I also enjoyed the quick pace of Saw 4, although upon the first viewing, everything that I was supposed to see somewhat eluded me, I was so excited to see Rigg as the staring character, that I didn't pay too much attention to the twists. lol
*rambling*

Beautifully said! I never really thought of what the colors symbolized.

Would make perfect sense of why Ivan's room was covered in red: rage.

What about the 'blue feel' of the Saw V movie? And the orangy-yellowish feel to Saw II?

I'd love to get your idea on what those colors mean.
Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:53 am
Kdizzle44

Post Reply with quote
Not sure what you mean, buddy
Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:44 pm
BlackOut0189
Expert

Post Reply with quote
Kdizzle44 wrote:

Two thumbs up!
Kdizzle, you should really join the boards, it's nice here.
Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:13 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
supersadsartre
New User

Post Reply with quote
I vote Bousman!
Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:23 pm View user's profile Send private message
horror_hippie

Post Reply with quote
i think all the directors brought so much to the series its hard for me to choose a favorite. they were all so creative.

i have so much respect for everyone invovled with the making of these movies. theres no other series like saw.
Sun May 13, 2012 4:20 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    OFFICIALSAW.COM Forum Index » The Brains Behind the SAW Movies
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: