OFFICIALSAW.COM :: View topic - favorite saw director?
OFFICIALSAW.COM Forum Index

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
favorite saw director?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    OFFICIALSAW.COM Forum Index » The Brains Behind the SAW Movies View previous topic
View next topic
favorite saw director?

who is your favorite saw director?
james wan
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
darren bousman
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
david hackl
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Let The Games Begin
Extreme Veteran

Post favorite saw director? Reply with quote
well i voted dlb, because i love the feeling in 2, 3, and 4. the fast camera cuts really made things more dramatic, and the transitions were just amazing.

my favorite is when strahm is interrogating jill and he's yelling and it cuts where you see him putting his gun to his head. that was just awesome

so who's your favorite?
Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:36 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Billy's Laugh
Expert

Post Reply with quote
Saw 1 still is the benchmark to which every other Saw film is (or should be) measured against. So, for me, James Wan hands down. DLB did a fine job, and so did Hackl, but no one will ever recapture the look and feel of Saw 1.
Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:19 am View user's profile Send private message
Jigsy

Post Reply with quote
Well, they were all fantastic, except dlb in saw 4, I thought there was just TOO MANY of those transition shots, and it was WAY too fast paced.
Anyway, my decision is between James and David.

After some thinkin i voted for David, because you think about it, he really did an amazing job, i think saw 5 was really one of the best LOOKING saws, and his directing was like a little touch of Wans, mixed with a little bit of himself too, and i thought that was really great.
The only reason why i would have changed my mind, is because he f*cked up the legendairy saw font/title, remember it used to be like a real classy, almost floating "saw", and he changed it to that really bad, super hero- like "saw". Not saw-like at all. Shocked Confused What the hell am i talking about?? Shocked

Anyway, just mindlessly talking about nothing... Shocked Cool
Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:31 pm
Billy's Laugh
Expert

Post Reply with quote
That new title scene really got to some people. I don't know, I kind of liked it. It was different and after 4 movies it was nice to at least see them try something a little different. Maybe Hackl changed it to put his own personal touch on it. Still, I worry more about the content of the film but I can understand that some people just want some things left alone.

I am blabbering... too much coffee... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:03 pm View user's profile Send private message
Amanda360
Expert

Post Reply with quote
If only there were a James and DLB category because I appreciate both of their styles. Saw is like the best to me still, even after the other 4 movies; but I really enjoy the transition shots too.
Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:27 pm View user's profile Send private message
Billy's Laugh
Expert

Post Reply with quote
Amanda360 wrote:
If only there were a James and DLB category because I appreciate both of their styles. Saw is like the best to me still, even after the other 4 movies; but I really enjoy the transition shots too.

James or DLB... make your choice. Shocked

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Shocked
Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:25 pm View user's profile Send private message
Let The Games Begin
Extreme Veteran

Post Re: favorite saw director? Reply with quote
ilovesaw wrote:
Let The Games Begin wrote:
well i voted dlb, because i love the feeling in 2, 3, and 4. the fast camera cuts really made things more dramatic, and the transitions were just amazing.

my favorite is when strahm is interrogating jill and he's yelling and it cuts where you see him putting his gun to his head. that was just awesome

so who's your favorite?

hey I thought you voted for DLB? but his score is still 0... ^^

(maybe you forgot to) ^^

yea i forgot D=
Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:37 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Let The Games Begin
Extreme Veteran

Post Re: favorite saw director? Reply with quote
my favorite saw directing-wise is saw 4. the speed and transitions made it amazing. i guess i just like fast paced movies.

saw 5 seemed like it really slowwwwed down, which i didnt like, but it didnt seem like saw 5 had a lot of oppurtunities to have fast cuts and transitions, it's layout was completely different from the other movies, how we saw all the 5 become 1 traps from the front, kinda reminded me of a sitcom set, where we only see one view of the room most of the time.
Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:41 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Amanda360
Expert

Post Reply with quote
It's sooo hard to choose between the two!!! arrrg!!! I guess I have to pick.....

DLB!!! Because he rocks hard, and he seems to really be in love with the Saw movies, even though it seems that he kind of doesn't care too much about what us fans want to know lol
Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:53 pm View user's profile Send private message
Vecto

Post Reply with quote
It seems I cannot vote so I'll post it here

1. Wan
2. Hackl
3. Bousman
Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:06 am
YouBecomeImmortal
Expert

Post Reply with quote
100% D Bousman.

Although I love 1 and 2. I much prefer 3 and 4.. Smile
5? Puh?
Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:40 pm View user's profile Send private message
Vecto

Post Reply with quote
YouBecomeImmortal wrote:
100% D Bousman.

Although I love 1 and 2. I much prefer 3 and 4.. Smile
5? Puh?

You didn't like Hackl way to direct the movie ? The camera angles, the shots, the suspense and everything ? I found it was quite good, even if the two others were really good too.
Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:02 pm
.:: SΛШ ::.

Post Reply with quote
darren bousman is the best !!
Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:11 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Jigsy

Post Reply with quote
Poor david.. Sad
Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:51 am
Vecto

Post Reply with quote
Jigsy wrote:
Poor david.. Sad

I loved David. But it's a way we like to watch a movi, some people just prefer american way of doing when Hackl was some sort of special and not ordinary.

And Saw 1 was Autralian way of doing ? Razz It was good then. I don't mean DLB isn't good, but at Saw 4 I think it was enough all thus crescendo of gore traps and blood and everything we didn't needed in a Saw movie. I hated, well didn't very like, Saw 4 for the traps.... But I found it excellent because of he rest, especially the ending.
Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:25 pm
Reply to topic    OFFICIALSAW.COM Forum Index » The Brains Behind the SAW Movies
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: