OFFICIALSAW.COM :: View topic - Link between trap and why they are in the trap!
OFFICIALSAW.COM Forum Index

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Link between trap and why they are in the trap!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    OFFICIALSAW.COM Forum Index » Jigsaw's World View previous topic
View next topic
Link between trap and why they are in the trap!
Levi

Post Link between trap and why they are in the trap! Reply with quote
Let's make a list from the traps and how they are linked to the victims!
Like why Micheal must have cut his eye out and stuff.
Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:26 am View user's profile Send private message
Levi

Post Reply with quote
Anybody here?
Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:22 am View user's profile Send private message
Detect Tapp
Veteran

Post Reply with quote
The other guy in the flashback of Jigsaw's first victims pretended to be sick and therefore his sickness was put to the test as he had to move around the room to get combination numbers to get the antidote to his poison.
Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:40 pm View user's profile Send private message
DeathObsesser

Post Reply with quote
Troy's trap from SAW 3 was in the school room with chains in his body. This is because, on the video tape, Jigsaw claims that Troy is used to a room not much smaller then the classroom, which is a prison cell. Also, Jigsaw says that he is "More comfortable in chains, then in freedom." Thus his trap having to free himself from the chains.
Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:51 am View user's profile Send private message
SSCUJO

Post Reply with quote
should i make another thread like my last one? to oraganize this?? or should we just continue in this thread?
Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:53 am
DeathObsesser

Post Reply with quote
No, I like your other organized tread, but I think we should just keep this one, and if the person who started it wasnt to organize everything into one big list, then he/she can.
Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:19 am View user's profile Send private message
Amanda360
Expert

Post Reply with quote
In Saw 4, there was a man named Ivan, and his tape said that he needed to be put in the same position that he placed others in because he was a rapist. So his trap was him strapped to a bed and made to choose between his eyes or the other parts of his body.
Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:07 pm View user's profile Send private message
george_sawexpert
Veteran

Post Reply with quote
many people dont realize the facts about some of the victims in saw II, FIRST many of these facts were hinted on the commentary for the movie, Xavier was obviously a drug dealer, jigsaw states that he "offers hope to the desperate" that hope is drugs, also the syringes tie in to that. Obi was hinted to be an arsonist which is how the furnace was tied in, Gus was hinted to have commited embezzlement or fraud, addison was a prostitute, Xavier brought this up though it was again revealed in saw IV, Jonas was involved with gangs, laura was hinted to be a kleptomaniac, someone who steals often without really controlling themselves we didnt see any of the other victims traps though Sad
Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:45 pm View user's profile Send private message
Colin
Extreme Veteran

Post Reply with quote
Michael was always watching people, so yeah. A bit like Ivan watching hot women.
Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:20 pm View user's profile Send private message
Jigsaw Saved Me

Post Reply with quote
Anyone who doesn't appreciate their life deserves to put in these positions, not JUST Ivan.
Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:54 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
The Saw Master

Post Reply with quote
Organized!

Saw I Trap Relations:

Razor-Wire Maze (Paul):
Jigsaw had mentioned that Paul cut his wrists a few months before, most likely for attention and not to kill himself, and if he really wanted to die he just had to remain where he was or cut himself to leave. (sawbracker)

Flammable Jelly Room (Mark):
The other guy in the flashback of Jigsaw's first victims pretended to be sick and therefore his sickness was put to the test as he had to move around the room to get combination numbers to get the antidote to his poison. (Detect Tapp)

Amanda's Trap (Jaw-Splitter):
?

Drill Chair (Jeff):
?

Dr Gordon and Adam's Test:
Bathroom, Dr. Gordon was in this trap to test how far he was willing to go to be with his family, for adam im not sure, it had something to do with his stalking Gordon (george_sawexpert)

Saw II:
Iron Maiden for the face (Michael):
Micheal's link was that he was an informant, a snitch. On his tape, I remember it was said. "Can you give up the one thing you need most to keep on living." or something to that effect. (Princessdeenie)

The Furnace (Obi):
Obi was hinted to be an arsonist which is how the furnace was tied in. (george_sawexpert)

Needle Pit (Amanda):
Originally intended for Xavier; he opted to throw Amanda in =(
Xavier was obviously a drug dealer, jigsaw states that he "offers hope to the desperate" that hope is drugs, also the syringes tie in to that. (george_sawexpert)

Razor Box (Addison):
? (Originally intended for Gus for his embezzlement.)

Eric's Test:
Just needed patience to find his son in "a safe, secure state."

Saw III:
Troy's Chains:
Troy's trap from SAW 3 was in the school room with chains in his body. This is because, on the video tape, Jigsaw claims that Troy is used to a room not much smaller then the classroom, which is a prison cell. Also, Jigsaw says that he is "More comfortable in chains, then in freedom." Thus his trap having to free himself from the chains. (DeathObsesser)

Angel trap (Kerry):
Kerrys trap wasnt exactly crystal clear, Jigsaw felt she spent all her time with the dead and that she truly was dead inside, she would have to prove she wasnt, again the trap had nothing to do with this (george_sawexpert)

Jeff's Tests:
Danica Scott:
Was the only eyewitness to see Jeff's sons death and left the scene, essentially leaving Jeff out in the cold; so he could help her or repay the favor and let her freeze. (yea, I know weak tie in,someone else can take a crack at it.)

Judge Halden (Pig Vat):
The judge was the one who sentenced timothy, (the drunk driver) to only six months, they both had to do with Jeffs forgiveness test, jeffs confrontation, was his final test of forgiveness (george_sawexpert)

Timothy Young (The Rack):
I think the reason why Timothy Young was in "The Rack" was because in the movie Jigsaw mentioned that Timothy was not only the one whom killed Jeff's son, but he was a medical student. Jigsaw also made a comment about how amazing the human body was and he would like to put it to a test. (Tim)

Confrontation with Jigsaw:
?

Amanda's final test:
Jigsaw needed to test Amanda one more time. She became a serial killer instead of Jigsaw's apprentice, so he added one more test to see if she could continue on his legacy of helping people appreciate life.

Saw IV:
Mausoleum Trap:
Trevor and Arts test was never explained, there was no tape, maybe because it would let Trevor know that they were supposed to work together, making the trap easy, really im not sure (george_sawexpert)

Rigg's Tests:
Brenda (Hair Trap):
Brenda was most likely put in this trap as a vanity factor, since she was a prostitute. and this section was to see if Rigg would see the people as criminals or victims.

Ivan (eye Gouger):
In Saw 4, there was a man named Ivan, and his tape said that he needed to be put in the same position that he placed others in because he was a rapist. So his trap was him strapped to a bed and made to choose between his eyes or the other parts of his body. (Amanda360)

Rex and Morgan (Spike Trap):
Rex was an abusive father and husband and, as the tape said, Morgan needed to remove the ties that bind (the spikes) which would kill Rex as punishment for the pain he had inflicted.

Rigg's Final (Eric on the Ice and Hoffman in the chair):
Riggs final test was to see if he had truly learned how to save a life, by not trying so hard (george_sawexpert)
Part of that would be to realize that he can't save everyone and the another part would be to learn when it's time to let go of the ones he couldn't save. (Sin)

Saw V:
TBA

I hope this looks good, I'll keep up with it if everyone likes it.

Last edited by The Saw Master on Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:37 am View user's profile Send private message
Tim
Extreme Veteran

Post Reply with quote
I think the reason why Timothy Young was in "The Rack" was because in the movie Jigsaw mentioned that Timothy was not only the one whom killed Jeff's son, but he was a medical student. Jigsaw also made a comment about how amazing the human body was and he would like to put it to a test.
Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:38 am View user's profile Send private message
george_sawexpert
Veteran

Post Reply with quote
quite an impressive list i have some more:

Saw:

RBT, amanda was place in this trap because of her drug use, the actual trap had nothing to do with this,

Bathroom, Dr. Gordon was in this trap to test how far he was willing to go to be with his family, for adam im not sure, it had something to do with his stalking Gordon

Saw 3

Kerrys trap wasnt exactly crystal clear, Jigsaw felt she spent all her time with the dead and that she truly was dead inside, she would have to prove she wasnt, again the trap had nothing to do with this

The judge was the one who sentenced timothy, (the drunk driver) to only six months, they both had to do with Jeffs forgiveness test, jeffs confrontation, was his final test of forgiveness

Saw 4

Trevor and Arts test was never explained, there was no tape, maybe because it would let Trevor know that they were supposed to work together, making the trap easy, really im not sure

Riggs final test was to see if he had truly learned how to save a life, by not trying so hard

there we are done
Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:51 pm View user's profile Send private message
Sin
Expert

Post Reply with quote
george_sawexpert wrote:
...Riggs final test was to see if he had truly learned how to save a life, by not trying so hard...

I don't think it was not trying so hard but, (yes, if he would have not tried so hard Matthews might have lived) I think to truly learn how to save a life he was supposed to realize that they could only save themselves.

Part of that would be to realize that he can't save everyone and the other part would be to learn when it's time to let go of the ones he couldn't save.

I don't know personally, but I assume that anyone that has people's lives in the hands, be it doctors, police, firefighters, etc... could easily be consumed by guilt, anger, and depression (among other things), for the loss of a charge.

Last edited by Sin on Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:53 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TwistedSawFan
Elite Veteran

Post Reply with quote
Sin wrote:
george_sawexpert wrote:
...Riggs final test was to see if he had truly learned how to save a life, by not trying so hard...

I don't think it was not trying so hard but, (yes, if he would have not tried so hard Matthews might have lived) I think to truly learn how to save a life he was supposed to realize that they could only save themselves.

Part of that would be to realize that he can't save everyone and the another part would be to learn when it's time to let go of the ones he couldn't save.

I don't know personally, but I assume that anyone that has people's lives in the hands, be it doctors, police, firefighters, etc... could easily be consumed by guilt, anger, and depression (among other things), for the loss of a charge.

i agree with you about rigg and his test Very Happy Very Happy
Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:32 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    OFFICIALSAW.COM Forum Index » Jigsaw's World
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: