OFFICIALSAW.COM :: View topic - Examining the Unwinnable traps
OFFICIALSAW.COM Forum Index

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Examining the Unwinnable traps
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    OFFICIALSAW.COM Forum Index » Jigsaw's World View previous topic
View next topic
Examining the Unwinnable traps
lady_jigsaw
Extreme Veteran

Post Reply with quote
Eric's trap/test (in Saw 2, anyway) was definitely winnable...come to think of it so was the test that was Rigg's in Saw IV, that Eric was a key player in.
Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:50 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Amanda360
Expert

Post Reply with quote
I think it's all a matter of Jigsaw's omniscient qualities that he's given in the Saw series. For some reason, unknown to us: he seems to know how these people are going to react in these situations. It's almost like he knew that Rigg wouldn't be able to let go of his obsession, and he knew that Eric wouldn't be calm and sit and talk to him for the allotted time. He does institute these "just in case things" like, an extra tape in case the person passes, but for the most part, he pretty much has them all figured out. I think this is why the those particular tests seem unwinnable.
Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:15 pm View user's profile Send private message
fenambo
Extreme Veteran

Post Reply with quote
Wow...You all are right...^_^
Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:44 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
BlackOut0189
Expert

Post Reply with quote
The unwinnable traps really made me hate Amanda.
Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:10 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
cutie_mcpretty
Veteran

Post Reply with quote
I think at first the unwinnable traps that were made by Amanda made me really dislike her, but then when the flashbacks started in Saw 3, I somehow had sympathy for her, just seeing how confused and emotional she was.
Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:16 pm View user's profile Send private message
richr74
Elite Veteran

Post Reply with quote
hoffman is dodgy too!!
Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:53 pm View user's profile Send private message
cutie_mcpretty
Veteran

Post Reply with quote
richr74 wrote:
hoffman is dodgy too!!

I agree, he's worse than Amanda Smile He seems smug when killing people, at least she showed some emotion.
Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
richr74
Elite Veteran

Post Reply with quote
exactly, glad you agree!
Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:21 pm View user's profile Send private message
BuayaGuy
Regular

Post Reply with quote
Two other unwinnable traps that I can think of:

Hoffman locking up Seth for the "Pit and Pendulum" trap. It's obvious that Hoffman wanted him dead, but why did the collar spring open at the end? To fool any police into thinking he just didn't make it out in time? Nobody seemed to believe that anyway...

Also, Adam's trap from Saw - we're told that Amanda made it unwinnable, but how exactly? Did she put the key in a place where it would flush down the drain when he splashed around waking up? Or did Jigsaw always mean for the key to be floating in the water and the water was never intended to drain out? (He tells Adam where the key is before leaving the room...)
Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:31 am View user's profile Send private message
richr74
Elite Veteran

Post Reply with quote
and strahms head glass box
Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:03 am View user's profile Send private message
cutie_mcpretty
Veteran

Post Reply with quote
BuayaGuy wrote:
Two other unwinnable traps that I can think of:

Hoffman locking up Seth for the "Pit and Pendulum" trap. It's obvious that Hoffman wanted him dead, but why did the collar spring open at the end? To fool any police into thinking he just didn't make it out in time? Nobody seemed to believe that anyway...

Also, Adam's trap from Saw - we're told that Amanda made it unwinnable, but how exactly? Did she put the key in a place where it would flush down the drain when he splashed around waking up? Or did Jigsaw always mean for the key to be floating in the water and the water was never intended to drain out? (He tells Adam where the key is before leaving the room...)

Well in the original script for Saw 3, Amanda delibrately tied the chain to the plug to Adam's ankle so he would pull it out when he woke up. It was her way of making sure the key would not be found, but since that was cut out, i think maybe it was always supposed to be floating around in the bath tub. I guess maybe the only way Adam's game was winnable was if he hacked off his foot.
Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:23 pm View user's profile Send private message
richr74
Elite Veteran

Post Reply with quote
yes agreed
Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:26 pm View user's profile Send private message
GaryAA
New User

Post Sale Order cymbalta Low Prices Reply with quote
"Sorry, delete my topic!"
Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:28 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Andserkiel

Post Reply with quote
So we have:

Kerry- Angel Trap
Troy- Classroom Trap
Seth- Pendulum Trap
Strahm- The Cube

Debatable "unwinnable" traps/ tests:

Adam- Bathroom (Amanda purposely made sure the key was lost?)
Eric- Ice blocks (relying on Rigg)

And some new ones as Saw 6 hasn't been covered yet...

Hoffman- Head Trap
I believe Jill gave him no way to get out, he yanked himself out by wedging the trap in the door. Although he still managed to rip off half his face by the looks of things so I'm surprised he's still alive...

And a debatable one would be:

William- Mother/son Trap
Again this is a case of relying on someone else's actions/ decision. No matter what William did in the previous tests it was down to Tara and her son to decide his fate.
Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:05 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mrs Kramer
Extreme Veteran

Post Reply with quote
Andserkiel wrote:
So we have:

Kerry- Angel Trap
Troy- Classroom Trap
Seth- Pendulum Trap
Strahm- The Cube

Debatable "unwinnable" traps/ tests:

Adam- Bathroom (Amanda purposely made sure the key was lost?)
Eric- Ice blocks (relying on Rigg)

And some new ones as Saw 6 hasn't been covered yet...

Hoffman- Head Trap
I believe Jill gave him no way to get out, he yanked himself out by wedging the trap in the door. Although he still managed to rip off half his face by the looks of things so I'm surprised he's still alive...

And a debatable one would be:

William- Mother/son Trap
Again this is a case of relying on someone else's actions/ decision. No matter what William did in the previous tests it was down to Tara and her son to decide his fate.

Good points. With Adam, what person who wakes up underwater in the dark would think about looking for a key before they even know they have a padlocked chain around their foot? If he had seen it, he might have grabbed it, but the room was in total darkness.

Eric was in Rigg's test, so trap was really for Rigg. Eric really had no chance, but I think that was the intention, even though it wasn't his trap.

William: It was probably intended for him to die, as there were two people whose lives he ruined because of his insurance 'formula,' both of whom were extremely close to the deceased. Even if the wife couldn't throw the switch to 'die,' the teenage son would probably have been expected to do it. After all, Jigsaw was a good judge of character, and it was a trap of his design, all leading up to the punishment of the man who had condemned Jigsaw himself to die. This was a personal vendetta where, like many of the traps, there was a possibility of surviving, but not very likely.
Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:09 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Reply to topic    OFFICIALSAW.COM Forum Index » Jigsaw's World
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: