OFFICIALSAW.COM :: View topic - My Saw VIII Synopsis and Full Prologue (please read!)
OFFICIALSAW.COM Forum Index

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
My Saw VIII Synopsis and Full Prologue (please read!)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    OFFICIALSAW.COM Forum Index » SAW 3D - THE 7TH "SAW" MOVIE View previous topic
View next topic
My Saw VIII Synopsis and Full Prologue (please read!)
CheckStrahm'sPulse
Extreme Veteran

Post My Saw VIII Synopsis and Full Prologue (please read!) Reply with quote
In the wake of Hoffman's police station massacre, top FBI agents from the Nations Capital are sent in to put a stop to the madness for good. Led by FBI Director Gregg Burg and assisted by police officers from surrounding areas, they begin one of the largest manhunts in history. Fanning out, law enforcement begins combing every abandoned structure in the city. Soon however, they realize some secrets are better left buried...

["You can't !@# do this to me! !@# you, No"
"Game Over"
"NO!"]

Mark Hoffman continues to shout obsenities and threats into the black abyss until he goes hoarse. He does his best to calm himself down, as this is Jigsaw's world. Eventually he starts checking his pockets.

Despair begins to set in when Hoffman finds nothing on his person. However, a pungent smell in the air reminds Hoffman that he is not alone in this potential grave.

He checks the pockets of the corpse of Zep Hindle, to no avail. He lunges to the corpse in the corner to which he is bound and, almost instantly feels it...

["I need you to lead him to someone, a doctor. A healer in need of healing"
"Is this your's Doctor?"]

Hoffman doesn't even need to see it to know what it is.

"Mother @$#"!

That is all he can take, Hoffman goes into an animalistic rage and swears death on his captor until he finally gives in to exhaustion...

[Here it would flash to every dirty deed Hoffman did, from Seth to Jill]

Hoffman slowly regains consciousness. After shouting and struggling until he passed out, he is quite hungry and thirsty. He knows food is out of the question but there is a chance the bathtub that he shares a corner with still works.

Kneeling down he turns the handle and to his surprise, the water is running! Hoffman proceeds to scoop water into his mouth, just in case it was just left over in the pipes.

After a few seconds of this Hoffman notices his pants becoming wet.

"What the @#$"

Hoffman turns on the penlight, the very same one he once used to set up his captor, Dr Lawrence Gordon. Assessing the situation, he soon realizes that the seal at the base of the tub is broken and leaking.

["The key to that chain is in the bathtub."]

Hoffman begins clawing and pulling at the tub but soon it becomes clear that his strength alone will not be enough. Using the dim glow from the penlight, he checks the surrounding area. His eyes settle on the corpse of Adam Stanheight and a small smirk crosses his face.

After a brief struggle, Hoffman is able to dislodge one of Adam's femur bones from his well rotted corpse. Gripping his makeshift bat in his right hand and tearing at the tub with his left, he proceeds to club at the remainder of the sealed base.

As despair begins to set in again, Hoffman hears a noise that makes every hair on his body stand and he falls back. The sound is of the steel basin screeching across the ceramic tile floor. Adreneline coarses through his veins as he realizes he may yet have some hope of surviving.

Hoffman musters every bit of strength he has left and is able to tip the tub from it's elevated base to the floor. Once the tub is out of the way, Hoffman discovers that there are no pipes attached to the drain of the tub. In fact, beneath it is simply a tile floor with one small drain that at one time had a surface similar to that of a strainer.

Now though, the drain is clogged and barely functional. Hoffman now understands why the lower part of his pants became wet. Although the drain is primarily clogged with dust dirt and other sediments, he sees something else.

The blue light on one end has long since died but that's not what he's interested in. His hand shaking, Hoffman tries the key on his shackle. With only the penlight to see what he's doing he fumbles the key into the lock and, to his surprise, Hoffman is freed from his shackle!

Seemingly giddy, Hoffman can't help but chuckle. He crosses the room and flips back on the light that had been killed on him just hours earlier. Nothing else he sees seems to be of any use so he goes to the door. Fearing the worst, Hoffman hesitates to try to slide the steel behemoth.

Finally, he tries the door and shockingly it opens! That surprise is soon overshadowed however when Hoffman looks down and sees his shoes and socks waiting for him.

"Game on"...

Saw VIII

Last edited by CheckStrahm'sPulse on Tue May 31, 2011 2:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:42 am View user's profile Send private message
CheckStrahm'sPulse
Extreme Veteran

Post Reply with quote
I know I already posted all of this, I just wanted to put it all together for everyone's benifit (mine included) Smile If you saw the notebooks that this story is scattered through you'd all understand. Hit me with some feedback if you want and expect the full story VERY soon Very Happy
Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:56 am View user's profile Send private message
badams1990
Veteran

Post Reply with quote
I'm sorry I took so long to find this (I've been very busy with work for college). This is really cool, to be totally honest. Very clever how he escapes. My escape route was gonna be very different than this, but I think yours is better. Very Happy
Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:43 pm View user's profile Send private message
CheckStrahm'sPulse
Extreme Veteran

Post Reply with quote
I'm glad you finally found it. (for the record you don't need to apologize for living your life, lol!) Smile Glad you enjoyed it too. I've been mulling over the false drain idea since aorund the time Saw III came out and when I read my first "Hoffman chews his own foot off" fan fic something clicked in my head and that's the genisis of my whole story.
Also, Hoffman is out of the bathroom but you know as well as I do, he's got a little ways to go before he's "free". I'm going to be pretty busy this weekend so I don't think I'll be able to post the full story until Monday. I'm going to post it in three "acts" when I do. Check back tonight for some more notes though, if you like the ones you read in my old thread wait till you read this stuff badams1990!

Last edited by CheckStrahm'sPulse on Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:31 am View user's profile Send private message
badams1990
Veteran

Post Reply with quote
I can't wait! Not to put any pressure on you, of course. I'll be totally okay if there end up being bits I'm not cool with (I'll kindly say which things I didn't like and give good reasoning for why, so you can see my point of view better lol). But so far it's coming along great and I'm loving the elements you've decided to include in it (I have my own idea for part of Hoffman's escape, though it branches from another thread I read on here a while ago). Once I have the time to be able to sit down and flesh out my ideas and frame them together, I'll start working on ym own version of Saw VIII (it seems like I'll have plenty of time, since it seems Saw VIII may not come out for several years). Looking forward to the continuation of your story. Just let me know what threads to find it in so I know where to look for what sections (I'll just create a single thread for my synopsis once I figure it all out. It'll be in sections, but every section will be posted to the same thread to make it easier to track).
Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:56 am View user's profile Send private message
FrozenWorm
Extreme Veteran

Post ... Reply with quote
Man, I really love your story...! Keep doing it...! Very Happy

And this is from one of the oldest members still active... still waiting for Saw VIII... Shocked
Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:57 am View user's profile Send private message
badams1990
Veteran

Post Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm still waiting for Saw VIII myself. I have a gut feeling it'll one day happen. lol Can't wait for more of your story, CheckStrahm'sPulse! (ironically, i think i finally got hit by an idea for some traps for my story. they are rather weird, kind of like a series of group traps, but the end one is really cool and I think really good. very different from what we've seen though. idk if I'll end up using them tough, because they came to me through a dream, and you know how unrealistic dreams tend to be. I'm not sure if they are actually too weird to use. I have some other ideas anyways).
Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:36 pm View user's profile Send private message
CheckStrahm'sPulse
Extreme Veteran

Post Re: ... Reply with quote
FrozenWorm wrote:
Man, I really love your story...! Keep doing it...! Very Happy

And this is from one of the oldest members still active... still waiting for Saw VIII... Shocked

Thanks Smile I'm trying to balance getting everything set for Easter lunch/dinner (guys can cook too!) and trying to post little things. I won't have the time to post Act 1 until Monday but I should be able to post some little tid bits about things to come over the course of today and tonight

Last edited by CheckStrahm'sPulse on Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:10 am View user's profile Send private message
CheckStrahm'sPulse
Extreme Veteran

Post Reply with quote
Whew, busy day!

I'll start with returning characters: John, Amanda, Hoffman, Jill, Gordon, I'll just say "survivor group", Dagen, Kerry, Tapp, Rigg, Matthews, Strahm, Erickson, Art Blank, Seth, Angelina, Gibson, Fisk, and Lynn Denlon. There are more but I don't want to give too much away.

I should clarify, some returning characters are going to be in interactions/ situations that were not seen on film. Others will be mentioned but may not do anything to further the story.

One flashback that I have pre-dates anything we've seen on screen so far. Remember the line "I'm a 20 year man". Just to clarify again, this is NOT just a Hoffman story, this is what I would like to see when producers eventually revive the franchise.

As I said in a past thread, I won't have many elaborate traps like Saw's IV-VII did. I do have one or two tricks up my sleeve but most traps will be more like boobytraps (think Sing)

I have a Seth/Angelina/Hoffman flashback that I think people will react strongly to, one way or the other.

Much will be revealed through the interrogation of Dr. Gordon by a female FBI profiler. Think Jill and Strahm in Saw IV.

I don't want to give away anything about my new characters right now because I want the people that read it to get to know them as I did when I created them.

I will say that there is a history between Hoffman and my new protagonist Gregg Burg.

I'd love to hear what people think Smile

Last edited by CheckStrahm'sPulse on Fri May 06, 2011 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:06 am View user's profile Send private message
CheckStrahm'sPulse
Extreme Veteran

Post Reply with quote
When I start posting the story tomorrow or the next day (work's gonna be busy) it'll be in this thread just to make it easier.
Also, in my last post I named a whole group of returning characters and I just want to make it clear that it won't be an overstuffed story. Without getting too specific, some might have a significant part in progressing the story but my story is not all flashbacks. I do have new characters that will have a story of their own, multiple stories actually.
As soon as I have a chance, I'll post the first act of my story
Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:19 pm View user's profile Send private message
FrozenWorm
Extreme Veteran

Interesting...!
Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:23 pm View user's profile Send private message
gordonfroot#1

Post continue Reply with quote
The story you have going is really good because it is starting to show the contrast between each and every character. The contrast between hoffman gordon and everyone shows how they interact. I hope that some of these ideas that you and everyone is suggesting can be transformed for movie ideas.
Tue May 03, 2011 10:06 am View user's profile Send private message
CheckStrahm'sPulse
Extreme Veteran

Post Reply with quote
Here's a few more notes on my story.

John WILL have a pretty large role to play, think Saw VI. Definitely more to do then he did in VII but that's not saying much! There is one subject that has not been adressed in the Saw series to date and that's organized religion.

I've always hated the idea of a "Jigsaw Army" of survivors, ever since the producer's commentary planted that seed. So I think I came up with a way to address that, while at the same time eliminating it as a possibility.

My hopes are that the story will feel like a hybrid of the original Saw and Saw VI, in terms of tone and feel. It's got a certain whodunnit aspect to it as well, at least I hope.

The story has been done for a while, at least the overall structure has been. Dialogue has been my sticking point (it's HARD to write dialogue) but it's starting to come out better and not seem like it was written by a 2nd grader Smile

The survivor group meetings will get fleshed out like they should've been in the last movie. Kind of like a Where Are They Now? type of thing where they discuss life after Jigsaw. Real survivors and not placeholders like One Eyed Wilma and Roller-Hillbilly

As soon as I polish up the dialogue enough to not be too embarrassed to post it, the story will be posted in three acts right here. Should be happening soon
Sat May 28, 2011 11:43 am View user's profile Send private message
FrozenWorm
Extreme Veteran

Cant wait...!!!
Sat May 28, 2011 8:51 pm View user's profile Send private message
CheckStrahm'sPulse
Extreme Veteran

Post Reply with quote
So I said earlier that I would mainly use smaller boobytrap style traps, which I still will but I came up with one big one that I think is awesomely epic and maybe better then anything they've done so far. I can't really say too much because it's a big plot point but I think you guys will love it Very Happy
Sat May 28, 2011 11:53 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    OFFICIALSAW.COM Forum Index » SAW 3D - THE 7TH "SAW" MOVIE
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: