OFFICIALSAW.COM :: View topic - Did you..........................
OFFICIALSAW.COM Forum Index

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Did you..........................
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic    OFFICIALSAW.COM Forum Index » Jigsaw's World View previous topic
View next topic
Did you..........................
ianforcer

Post Reply with quote
YouBecomeImmortal wrote:
'SHERLOCK HOLMES'
thats what he means I think.. ?

C x

And Perez (if she'd stayed alive long enough) could have been his Dr. Watson Wink
Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:35 am
Vecto

Post Reply with quote
ianforcer wrote:
YouBecomeImmortal wrote:
'SHERLOCK HOLMES'

C x

And Perez (if she'd stayed alive long enough) could have been his Dr. Watson Wink

You know I thought about that first time watching Saw 4. I was thinking of those two detectives, it was kind of funny. Perez was only saying wrong things and Strahm knew it all Razz

But Watson never died...... Nor Holmes....
Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:31 pm
ianforcer

Post Reply with quote
Vecto wrote:
ianforcer wrote:
YouBecomeImmortal wrote:
'SHERLOCK HOLMES'

C x

You know I thought about that first time watching Saw 4. I was thinking of those two detectives, it was kind of funny. Perez was only saying wrong things and Strahm knew it all Razz

But Watson never died...... Nor Holmes....

It was just an observation. I didn't mean it in the literal sense. Just making the comparison that Strahm behaved like Holmes in V and that if Perez had survived the exploding Billy Trap, she would have become his Dr. Watson Razz
Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:03 pm
Vecto

Post Reply with quote
Yes I know. I was continuing the theory and elaborating about it, kidding a bit. Why so serious, Ian? Razz
Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:45 am
lady_jigsaw
Extreme Veteran

Post Reply with quote
sawfellow wrote:
the thing wrote:
whoah, your right. each one has to do with family issues. lol ive been a huge fan of this franchise ever since the first movie and i didnt realize this until now!!

Is it just me, or does this sound like sarcasm? I'm not saying it is. Just reads like it.

Yes and no. Could be sarcasm, could be irony, could be honesty! Smile
Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:23 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Kdizzle44

Post Reply with quote
I have always thought as well that they tied in a 'child' to every film. Children were a main part of the backbone of the main test subject's life, except it started to dwindle away beginning with Saw IV. Then none in Saw V. (I just realized this!!)

Question
Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:05 pm
lady_jigsaw
Extreme Veteran

Post Reply with quote
Kdizzle44 wrote:
I have always thought as well that they tied in a 'child' to every film. Children were a main part of the backbone of the main test subject's life, except it started to dwindle away beginning with Saw IV. Then none in Saw V. (I just realized this!!)

Question

Yeah, maybe the whole belief that children are innocent and unconditionally loving, and should be cherished......
Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:12 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Kdizzle44

Post Reply with quote
Something kinda random:

The key around Jill's neck. I wonder when Jiggy gave that to her, and why did she keep it for so long?
Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:48 am
Vecto

Post Reply with quote
Kdizzle44 wrote:
Something kinda random:

The key around Jill's neck. I wonder when Jiggy gave that to her, and why did she keep it for so long?

Probably he told her that when he will die he will need her to have this key. And she was wearing it because she still loved him.
Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:31 pm
Kdizzle44

Post Reply with quote
Does anyone think that Jill has been in on it since the beginning?

Thoughts?
Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:46 am
Kdizzle44

Post Reply with quote
*high fives ya*
Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:46 pm
fenambo
Extreme Veteran

Post Reply with quote
I don't like Jill, there is my thought. Lol. ^_^
Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:34 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
BuayaGuy
Regular

Post Reply with quote
Back to the original topic...I don't think that "family" is at all the main theme of these movies - it's an incidental thing.

I think Jigsaw sums it up perfectly in his reply (through Billy) to Amanda after she survives the jaw trap - "Most people are so ungrateful to be alive. But not you...not anymore."

He also explains it to Hoffman as a means of rehabilitating people to put them back on the right path.

Detective Matthews' test wasn't about his son Daniel - Daniel was Jigsaw's way of drawing Eric INTO the game. What Jigsaw was trying to accomplish became clear as he hinted that Eric used to feel more alive, and he suddenly feels that again with his son in danger.

Detective Kerry's test had nothing to do with any family, but rather that she was so obsessed with finding Jigsaw - that was her entire life, and she was dead socially.

Rigg's test also had much more to do with his obsessiveness on saving people, rather than problems at home with his wife.

Even the trapped members in Saw V only had the torn down apartment in common - nothing about family members at all (other than the families they killed in the process.)
Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:01 am View user's profile Send private message
DanXIO
Expert

Post Reply with quote
jcwil2005 wrote:
yeah i agree that neglect of a wive/husband and/or child seems to be the common theme of all the movies.

saw 1: Dr. Gordon cheats on his wive.
saw 2: Detective Matthews neglects his son
saw 3: Jeff neglects his wive and daughter, Lynn cheats on Jeff
saw 4: Riggs neglects his wive.

Strahm has a wife too,
but she's never seen...just his wedding ring.
Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:15 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    OFFICIALSAW.COM Forum Index » Jigsaw's World
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: